Creamy Turkey & Kale Soup
Creamy Turkey Kale Soup
Full of flavor that is comforting for the fall and winter months. Great for using up leftovers after Thanksgiving or chicken any other time of the year.
Servings: 4 People
- Stock pot
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 1 lb turkey meat (or chicken) shredded
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup green onions
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups acorn squash peel and chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cups kale chopped
- Heat vegetable oil in stockpot over medium heat.
- Add vegetables and saute until onions are translucent and you smell the aroma of the garlic.
- Add the salt, thyme, green onions, oregano and saute for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the shredded turkey and mix with the seasoned vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, and acorn squash.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer soup for 25-30 minutes. (or until acorn squash is to desired softness)
- Add kale and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Let cool and serve warm.