- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 orange pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 can white kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 6 cups chicken bone broth (or vegetable)
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 2 cup green beans fresh, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/2 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 lemon (for juice)
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add onion, leek and orange pepper. Saute until they have softened.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salt & pepper.
- Add white kidney beans and chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes
- Add green beans and peas. Simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in green onions and enjoy!