A healthy diet of whole, unprocessed foods can provide the body with a broad spectrum of vitamins and minerals. However, even the best diets are sometimes unable to keep up with our needs, especially during times of occasional stress, intense exercise, suboptimal digestion, or any other circumstances that increase our demand for nutrients. A high-quality daily multivitamin helps ensure a good foundation for key nutrients that support overall health and wellbeing.
Meno Clinic’s Multi Vitamin contains a blend of vitamins and minerals that are difficult to obtain from food alone. This specially designed product includes select minerals in chelated form. Chelation is the bonding of minerals to amino acids, which results in molecules that are more bioavailable and better absorbed and assimilated by the body. The old saying—“you are what you eat”—is only half true. You are what you eat and absorb. Chelated minerals are better absorbed, retained, and used in the body.
In addition to foundational vitamins and minerals, Multi Vitamin provides nutrients not commonly found in commercially available multivitamin/mineral products:
- B Vitamins: Provided in their natural and/or activated forms for superior bioavailability
- Vitamin C: Provided as ascorbic acid, at higher levels than in most multivitamins. Average vitamin C intake from food in the US is well below what healthy humans historically consumed and the typically recommended amount is intended only to prevent the extreme deficiency that results in scurvy; it does not provide for optimal health. The higher amount in this product may help support numerous roles for vitamin C such as a healthy immune system, skin and blood vessels, synthesis of collagen, aiding in iron absorption, and metabolism of catecholamines such as dopamine and adrenaline.*
- Folate: Provided in an easily absorbed form that helps to support healthy plasma folate levels. (Most mass-marketed supplements contain folic acid, which may have undesirable effects.)
- Vitamin A: Provided as pre-formed vitamin A as well as mixed carotenoids, which the body converts to vitamin A. This combination mimics the types of vitamin A found in whole foods.
- Vitamin K: Provided as vitamin K1 and vitamin K2 (as MK-4 and MenaQ7® Full Spectrum as MK-6, MK-7, MK-9).
- Vitamin E Isomers: Provided as tocotrienols from annatto extract. Tocotrienols have higher antioxidant activity and unique benefits not observed with tocopherols, the form of vitamin E in most commercially available supplements.
- Iodine and Selenium: minerals needed for the synthesis of thyroid hormones, which help maintain optimal energy levels and an efficient metabolic rate
- Boron: a trace element that is low in the modern food supply but is required for healthy bones
Meno Clinic’s Multi Vitamin does not include calcium, magnesium, iron, or copper. The amount of these minerals people get from their diet varies, so it’s best to individualize supplementation based on age, sex, health status, genetic factors, and other variables. Work with your health care practitioner to customize dosages for your individual needs.
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take two capsules per day with meals, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
MenaQ7® is a registered trademark of NattoPharma ASA, Norway; Patented in the United States and Canada. (US Patent Numbers 8,728,553 & 8,354,129; Canada Patent Number 2,347,387)
Consult with your healthcare practitioner about your specific circumstances, particularly if you are taking a blood-thinning medication, and any questions you may have.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.